The structure of the specification is a mixture of written and practical units.
Component 1: Devising
Non-examination assessment, 40% of the qualification
- Devise an original performance piece.
- Use one key extract from a performance text and a theatre practitioner as stimuli.
- Portfolio submission
Component 2: Text in Performance
Non-examination assessment, 20% of the qualification
- A group performance/design realisation of one key extract from a performance text.
- A monologue or duologue performance/design realisation from one key extract from a different performance text.
Component 3: Theatre Makers in Practice – Written examination: 2 hours 30 minutes, 40% of the qualification
- Live theatre evaluation – choice of performance.
- Practical exploration and study of a complete performance text – focusing on how this can be realised for performance.
- Practical exploration and interpretation of another complete performance text, in light of a chosen theatre practitioner – focusing on how this text could be reimagined for a contemporary audience.