Stretch and Challenge News- Awards and University Enrichment
Excellence Award News
Congratulations to the following students who have achieved an Excellence Award badge in recognition of sustained progress from September 2016-July 2017. These students are:
- Year 8: Isobell O’Neill, William Hyde, Kelly Cai and Rebekah Folley
- Year 9: Daisy Acheampong, Josie Afawua, Nicole Amanfu, Mohammad Al Haj Hamad and Daniel Port
- Year 10: Destiny Loa, Sulaiman Sesay, Jade Henwood, Faith Clark and Irvine Opoku-Danquah
- Year 11: Adam Ahmed, Christabel Oparah, Nii Wellington-Appiah, PrinceWill Ukpeh, Oluwatosin Olasoji, Zoe Ikeotuonye and Ola Olatunbosun
The Brilliant Club Scholars programme Launch Trip on the 10th October 2017
Students from Year 10 have been participating in the Scholars programme run by the Brilliant Club organisation. This has included a launch trip to Cambridge University on the 10th October as well as a series of psychology lectures held at St Edward’s delivered by Martyna Chrześcijańska. Students are currently working on their final assignment and will experience University style grading for their assignment leading to a miniature style graduation in February 2018.
The Excellence Award Trip to Oxford University on the 9th November 2017
Excellence Award Winners from year 10 took a trip to wadam College, Oxford University on the 9th November to experience a day in the life of an Oxford University student. The day included a tour of the campus, sample lectures in Literature and Medicine and a trip to the Museum of Natural History.
Talks and lectures from Local Universities
St Edward’s is currently working with local Universities to deliver talks and lectures to our students. Over the next couple of months we are looking forward to visits from:
- London School of Economics: visiting Year 12 students on 28th November
- UCL to deliver lectures to students from Year 9 from January 2018
- London Met University for Year 8 - dates to be confirmed