Design and Technology
- Help students to become independent, creative problem solvers.
- Generate an interest and awareness in both designing and making, encouraging enthusiasm for their work.
- Enable students to think creatively, being able to justify their design decisions or adapt them successfully.
- Help students to become discriminating consumers and users of products.Provide students with the knowledge, skills and understanding about materials, tools and processes so they are able to produce quality products.
- Develop practical capability – being able to apply knowledge, skills and understanding when designing and making.
At Key Stage 3 students are taught in groups of 20 and have a double lesson (120 minutes) once every two weeks. The Schemes of Work have been carefully planned to address the requirements of the National Curriculum and to give our students a wide experience in Design and Technology including Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacture
At Key Stage 4 the department offers Design and Technology GCSE and will offer GCSE equivalent Technical Awards in Visual Communication and Materials Technology.
In the Sixth Form, students are following the Edexcel AS/A2 Product Design Course.
Students in Key Stage 4 and Key stage 5 come after school on Tuesdays for extra help or to further develop their work.
Mrs B Saville – Head of Department
- Mrs L Whitcher – Teacher
- Mr G Matharu – Teacher
- Mr J Khan – Technician